BLOG TEMPLATE

Monday, July 18, 2011

America

Finally, I’m home!! I was literally wiggling the ENTIRE plane ride. I landed in the beautiful and blessed United States of America on June 4th, 2011, and I couldn’t have been happier! I was practically prancing through Bush Intercontinental, charming the customs officers and crying from homecoming joy! For the first time in months, I felt at home. 


My dear sweet Megan came to pick me up at the airport, and she brought with her the best surprise: Alex! They stepped out of the car and became all at once the loudest, squealingest, happiest patriotic homecoming parade/party that parking lot has ever seen! They greeted me with huge hugs, American flags, Uncle Sam hats, a baby tomato plant, flag-themed shopping lists and, very best of all, a GIANT CUP OF DRIP COFFEE!!! Haha! They know me so well, it was just beautiful! I was needless to say, laughing and screaming and crying the whole time, just so touched by their thoughtfulness and just tickled pink to be back where I belong with my people! Pink
We went immediately to Chapultepec, where the beautiful people meet, home of some of my very sweetest memories of college, for the signature drink of Houston: Margaritas!


Stayed with Megan and her beautiful grandmother, Mamaw, while I was in Houston. Mamaw's house is always filled with love, big hugs and amazing spiritual support, not to mention her good cookin! My dreams in Italy were made of this, fulfillment at last: Biscuits.


God Bless America, my home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment