BLOG TEMPLATE

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ciao Milano


April 30, 2011
TrenItalia – Fast Train from Milano Centrale to Roma Termini

I hold back tears so as not to frighten my poor fellow passengers as the infamous ‘Fast Train’ leaves Milano Centrale Station and heads towards Rome. It’s a little dreary out, threatening rain at any moment. Northern Italy flies by in the window.
The whole family, Andrea and Dawn and David and Miriam, took me to the station to catch my train. We were running a bit late, but miraculously found a parking space, flew through the station, up three flights of escalators and found the ‘departure’ screen, since we didn’t know which platform yet. If it had been only me, I would have stopped right then and there and burst into tears or hysterical screaming, since the words ‘Roma Termini’ were nowhere to be seen on the screen. But Dawn and her family know what they are doing, and found the train number and accompanying platform; apparently the train goes all the way to Sicily. We raced to the train, David dragging my stylish bright pink bag like an angel. (I assured him it was a good look for him!) I was supposed to be in the tenth car, but it was getting closer and closer to the departure time, and finally they just put me on a car (7 or 8, I think) and we said the fastest goodbyes ever recorded. They waved me off until the train left, following alongside as I tried desperately to reach the 10th car, and when the train swiftly pulled away from the platform, we waved frantically until I couldn’t see them anymore.
I miss them already! Our time was short, just a week and a half, as I crash landed into their lives. But I loved every single moment, and I am so thankful to have had the chance to spend precious time with my family. They were so good to me, and all I have to say is, yall better be coming to the family reunion! I’ll see you in June! Love you, ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing picturing this David running with a huge pink bag...

    ReplyDelete