BLOG TEMPLATE

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Milano Market

Dawn, Miriam and I all went to one of the many street markets in Milano for fresh groceries.
The man at the market called Miriam and I cara, or dear, and gave us each a sweet strawberries to munch on. They smelled like summertime, and it was the sweetest gift.
 

Dawn chose fresh tomatoes, or pomodoro, leeks, fennel root, tendergreens, bunches of basil and parsley, two sweet pears and lemons.

On our way out, we stopped to buy a flat of gorgeous zucchini blossoms. The seller said something to me and gave me a sprig of mint. Later, Miriam told me that he was saying that I was beautiful. Grazie mille, signore! It's a good thing I had her to translate!


Dawn brushed the zucchini blossoms with egg whites, lightly dusted them with cornmeal and a little salt, and fried them for lunch. They were just heavenly!
 

1 comment:

  1. don't you just love the street markets of italy?

    ReplyDelete