BLOG TEMPLATE

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bella Giornata

Such a beautiful day!

I was adopted once more by the crazy Kelley kids, and spent the day with the brilliant Fr. Brian and Fr. Kerry, the God Squad!! They had an extra ticket to the scavi tour at St. Peter’s, and were just so kind to include me. I had never been underneath the Basilica before! It is absolutely amazing, full of history and devotion, and we actually stood five feet from the very bones of St. Peter himself. 



 


After the tour, I had a simply amazing talk with Fr. Kerry, a truly incredible servant of God, over an Italian cappuccino. Then we toured the ‘Bones’ church, the church of Santa Maria di Vittore, home to the famous Ecstasy of St. Theresa by Bernini, and the church of Santa Susana, the official English-language parish of Rome, where we had Mass.


We ended the evening at the infamous Trevi fountain, threw our coins and ate more gelato! We even witnessed an engagement take place, a man proposed right there in front of the fountain, and she said yes! The crowd shared their moment of joy and everyone applauded.



I hated saying goodbye, but I leave for Tuscany and the first farm tomorrow! This chance meeting was the very best gift I could have imagined, and their visit, their presence was exactly what I needed. Grazie, Padres!

 My two favorite priests

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to start your Italian farming journey, with the blessings of two priest, and God....amen

    ReplyDelete