BLOG TEMPLATE

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Market


March 7, 2011



Today I went to the street market, just a block away from Megan’s apartment! I think I have discovered one of my favorite places in Rome. Completely fresh produce, all from the nearby surrounding provinces of the city, it was just amazing! The booth owners were so wonderful, and we spoke a hodgepodge of English and Italian to each other, with lots of gestures and signing, but mostly just laughing and smiling in order to communicate. 



 












 
















 






Being there made me so happy, it was like our farmer's market back home :)
 Megan and I made a beautiful salad from our fabulous market findings, with homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing. (Mrs. Lisa's recipe!!) We ate outside on the patio because the sun had finally came out, bathing the city in a gorgeous afternoon light





















 
Buon Appetito!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how i would love to have been sitting out there basking in the beautiful roman sun, enjoying an amazing dish of luscious vegatables with two awesome women...

    ReplyDelete