BLOG TEMPLATE

Saturday, March 5, 2011

CIAO!


Day 1 – Rome, Italy


I have arrived! The gorgeous and magnanimous Megan Silva met me at the airport (which, by the way, is literally named ‘Leonardo da Vinci Intercontinental Airport, or Fiumicino …They can do that, it’s Italy!) Unfortunately, British Airways lost my checked luggage, which I think is impressive since it’s obnoxiously large and pink.  So I had to give them Megan’s number and address so that they would know where to deliver it whenever they found it, and I made my way towards the arrivals area, bumping into a kind Australian on the way who gave me all sorts of wine advice, and finally, I flew into Megan’s arms! We then proceeded to her fabulous apartment that she shares with Sarah, a student from Egypt. Their apartment is located in the same neighborhood as the American University of Rome, the college both Sarah and Megan currently attend.

Megan, glamorous as usual, at the door

We went to Pizzeria  da Simone, which is right next door, for a quick late dinner of sundried tomato pizza and eggplant and tomato pizza…which was amazing, to say the least. I was just a happy camper; I was finally in Rome, I was with my Megan, and I was eating authentic Italian pizza in Monteverde (the name of this area of Rome)!!






 By this point, I am getting a little loopy, as I really only slept 2 ½ hours since I left Houston, and therefore just kind of skipped a night of sleep. So I am going to try and post this, and then climb into bed!
Buona Notte!

2 comments:

  1. Ciao Bella, I am loving your blog, and looking forward to all of your Italian aventuras. Thank you for including me in your life. I am looking forward to the next few months, and more, of your blog postings. I am now missing my Megan and all things Italian. I love you Allie girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Allie!!!
    I have so many ways to describe the wonderful feelings that I have when you are around. First description is: happy. And from the thesaurus I found all these wonderful forms of happy: adjective.
    1 Megan looked happy and excited: cheerful, cheery, merry, joyful, jovial, jolly, jocular, gleeful, carefree, untroubled, delighted, smiling, beaming, grinning, in good spirits, in a good mood, lighthearted, pleased, contented, content, satisfied, gratified, buoyant, radiant, sunny, blithe, joyous, beatific; thrilled, elated, exhilarated, ecstatic, blissful, euphoric, overjoyed, exultant, rapturous, in seventh heaven, on cloud nine, walking on air, jumping for joy, jubilant; informal chirpy, over the moon, on top of the world, tickled pink, on a high, as happy as a clam

    and to add to that. I am SO blessed. Which I think explains itself. You are beautiful. My beautiful glorious mess that I am so blessed to have in my life I do not know what I would do without you. I am so excited for your next three months in this land that could only become more beautiful with you in it. Ti voglio bene cara! xoxo

    ReplyDelete