BLOG TEMPLATE

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Here

I have finally arrived at the first farm, Castello di Potentino, in Tuscany! It was a crazy trip, allie-style, I took the bus the the train station in Roma, finally figured out which train to take, then found a bus to take me the rest of the way but the bus driver forgot my stop and I ended up going all the way to Florence! They then put me back on a bus, but it was too late for it to go all the way, so I had to stay the night in Paganico, a tiny village. I caught the morning bus to Castel del Piano, where Charlotte picked me up and we headed to the castle. It's a real live castle, drafts and everything! I settled into my 'flat' that I share with Catie, another wwoofer from Colorado, and then we all had dinner together; Charlotte, Charlotte's mother Sally, Catie and I. It was simple and wonderful, good conversation and great wine. It was their special Etruscan wine, made with only water, grapes and their own feet!! It was, hands down, the very best wine I have ever had in my life. Now Catie and I are trying to get our wood stove started, since its very cold tonight. Pictures and more stories soon, the real work starts tomorrow! Buona Notte!

1 comment:

  1. Let the adventures begin...Italian style...
    Happy Farming in such a beautiful country...

    ReplyDelete