BLOG TEMPLATE

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Milano!


I arrived in Milano at about noon on Wednesday, and I only had one hiccup in my traveling, I must be getting better! Dawn met me at the Centrale station, and took me and my giant pink bag home. I just cannot express how thrilled I was to see her and be with the Italian branch of my family!
I had the most wonderful hot bath, my first since arriving in Italy, and felt just like a princess! Y'all know how I love my hot hot water. Then Dawn took me to downtown Milano, and we walked all around everywhere. This is Leonardo da Vinci! 


Fun story about this mosaic: legend has it that if you step on the bull's balls and spin, you'll have good luck. Haha, I couldn't resist!
The gorgeous Duomo and the fancy schmancy stores downtown (like Armani!) and then home again on the tram. I love these old wooden ones!

 
 
Homemade Pizza for dinner with Andrea, Dawn’s husband and son David, and then we went to meet their daughter Miriam at the train station as she got back from her school trip to Rome! Quite simply, a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. so amazing being with family in Italy...what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete