BLOG TEMPLATE

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pisa!

On to Piemonte! I started in Florence at 9 am, and didn't make it to my destination in Quargnento until 8:30 pm! Adventures of the day include a stopover in the beautiful city of Pisa!



I asked directions at a cafe, lugged my giant pink suitcase across town, and got to see the famous Leaning Tower! It really does lean!


 The absolutely gorgeous church right next to the tower, where I stopped to pray and take a picture. If you are ever in Pisa, spend time in this church! Its a special place, and I loved the moment I had in that sacred space. The guard was so kind, and then the security guard was so rude, he nearly ruined my day, but not quite. I really need to learn how to say "Thank you, I understand completely. Now there is no need to be rude, and what would your mama say?" in Italian. It would really be useful. ;)


It just wouldn’t be Allie traveling in Italy without something going ridiculously wrong and me crying, which is exactly what happened after I ran (giant pink suitcase and all, hair flying) through the streets of Pisa to the station just in time for my train, and then they closed the doors before I could get to them!! So I missed my train, and had to go find out if there was another connection to Alessandria. I was hot, sweaty, and crying at this point, and this angel of an American woman saw me, had her husband carry my bag up the stairs, found the schedule for me, hugged me, and told me it was all going to be okay, really, and that things would get better. She just made my whole day with her kindness and concern! I finally found the train to Alessandria, and then the bus to Quargnento, and made it to Paulo and Annamaria's that evening for a hot cup of tea and a biscotti and bed. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Isnt' it beautiful how God brings angels into our lives just as we need them...

    ReplyDelete